Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cupcake Adventure #5 - Coconut

Another late night of baking. A coconut cupcake.  I don't think I've ever had a coconut cupcake.  The batter was very fluffy.  There wasn't much flour in the batter.  Martha really likes to use buttermilk in her recipes but with this one she used coconut milk.

 The cupcakes baked up really fluffy.  After they sat for a little while they did sink and became a heavier cupcake.
This cupcake was topped with a seven-minute frosting.  I did learn that when it says to have egg whites at room tempt.... you really should have them at room temp.  The girls really liked this cupcake.  I think they liked it better with out the frosting though.

I would probably make these again but would top with a ganache.  I think that would be really yummy!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Thank you so much for the follow!!! Each of my followers means so much to me!!!